My Embrace box has a few quirks to iron out and a limited but growing marketplace of snacks, but a good bet if you’re looking to “customize” a snack box or as a one-time gift for that vegan or gluten-free friend.
- My Embrace box is a health & fitness snack subscription box company
- It was founded in 2018 in Mumbai by 👨🏽 👩🏽👩🏽
- They ship direct-to-consumer (D2C) or via scriberr or getbojo
How we tested
I think subscription boxes make sense in some categories, food & beverage being one of them. We stumbled upon my embrace through their Instagram ads. We ordered 2 boxes, The first time we ordered the 7 snack box – which no longer seems to exist – via scriberr for ₹426, and the 2nd time, we got the 25 snack box for ₹1349 of my embrace website. We noticed we pretty much got the same roster of snacks both times – maybe the first box to a customer is always the same? We didn’t sign up for a subscription so we can’t comment on if the snacks swap out, but it looks like they do from other reviews.
What we like about My embrace box
The snacks ranged from the new and really enjoyable like the vacuum fried okra chips to tasty and familiar fava beans from the superfood company to the organic banana and strawberry multigrain sticks from wisecrack foods that are definitely an…how shall I put it? an acquired taste? Overall, we think its pretty reasonable value for money if you get one of the 25 or more snack box and the snacks are as advertised – vegan, GMO-free, all natural – not super processed which we appreciated. A drink or two would be a nice addition.
- Would we get it monthly? Sort of – we quickly found out what snacks we liked and we might just prefer ordering the same thing over and over again so a custom subscription box might just be what would work for us using my embrace as like our “healthy snack marketplace” if you will. They currently offer one-time custom boxes where you can select what you want but don’t seem to have a way to make it a recurring subscription – which may just work out as their marketplace of snacks expands and you want to experiment or try out new things.
The boxes make for a fun gift for your vegan friend or the one embarking on a healthy lifestyle. We gifted our extra box to one such friend, and they were supremely thrilled.
What we don’t like about My embrace box
- While shipping was fast, we found the packaging disappointing. The first time around there was a logo on the box and leaflet and discount card to another brand. The second time? it was just a bigger brown box – no logo, no leaflet. We were on our own! I think the ‘special’ themed boxes come in a nice box. This matters! We like receiving things that make us feel special.
While shipping was fast, we found the packaging disappointing. They also do not have a way just yet to share delivery tracking with customers
- There was also a hiccup in shipping one of the boxes, they don’t have a way just yet to share delivery tracking with customers, and they accidentally shipped the box to the billing address instead of the shipping address when we ordered directly from their website and follow-up on the issue was a bit lacking. That said, we got an extra box to try out in the process, or so we think. No one came to take it back and we ate it.